Destination Mode lets you easily fit driving into your schedule by matching you with rides that get you closer to your destination. You can also use this mode to reach your destination by a specific time.
Heads up: The 'Arrive on time' feature will relaunch and will gradually be available to all drivers.
- Using Destination Mode
- How often you can use Destination Mode
- How to exit Destination Mode
- Destination Mode and bonuses
Destination Mode allows you to control the rides you receive by filtering them in one of two ways:
- 'Arrive on time' - set an arrival time so you can maximize your earnings until the time you chose to go offline.
- 'Head to destination' - specify a destination so you only receive rides going in that direction.
Destination Mode can be activated in all regions where Lyft is available and will pair you with passengers requesting any ride type. Ride requests look the same as they do in standard driver mode.
If you don't receive a request within 30 minutes, you'll automatically go offline so you can continue navigating to your destination.
How to enter Destination Mode
- Open the Lyft Driver app, go online, and tap the filter icon in the top right corner
- Choose between filtering rides by 'Arrive on time' or 'Head to destination'
- Enter your destination (home, work, an appointment, your kid’s school, etc.)
- If you selected 'Arrive on time,' enter the time you need to be at your destination
- To edit your arrival time or destination, tap the pencil icon. That’s it!
How matching works
- If you have an arrival time selected while Destination Mode is active, you may be matched with rides going in any direction (even rides that take you farther from your destination). As your arrival time gets closer, you'll be matched with rides that get you closer to your desired destination. We'll also send you an alert when it's time to head there so you arrive on time.
- Note: The 'Arrive on time' feature will relaunch and will gradually be available to all drivers.
- If you don’t have an arrival time selected while Destination Mode is active, you'll only receive requests that will get you closer to your destination. You may not always be closer in terms of miles, but you will be closer to your destination in terms of travel time to your destination.
From the app, tap the filter icon in the top right corner to see how often you can use Destination Mode within a day.
Your uses reset at midnight local time. Going offline while Destination Mode is active counts towards the usage limit.
Tap ‘Edit’ next to the destination address, then select ‘remove filter,’ and you'll go back to receiving regular ride requests. Once you reach your destination, you will automatically be logged out of Driver Mode.
While in Destination Mode, any rides not accepted are still factored in your acceptance rate.
Time spent in Destination Mode doesn't count as time online required for bonuses.