If you left something in a Lyft vehicle, we’ve made it easy to get your item back.
Ride less than 72 hours ago
There are two ways to contact your driver: calling or texting them. These options are available to Android and iOS users up to 24 hours after a ride is paid for.
- Open the app. Tap your photo in the top left corner.
- Tap the 'Ride History' tab to select the ride where you lost your item. Now tap 'Find Lost Item.'
- Tap 'Call.' Calling your driver is the fastest and simplest way to get your item back. In-app calls use a third-party service so your driver won't see your personal number (and you won't see theirs). If your call goes to voicemail, leave the best contact info to reach you.
- If you can't call or your driver didn't answer, tap 'Send Message.' The next screen will ask for some details about the item, which we'll then text to your driver.
- Your emailed ride receipts also have call and text options (look toward the bottom) up to 24 hours after a ride ends. We email your ride receipt after you've rated your driver. If your driver doesn't respond in 24 hours, follow the instructions below.
Ride more than 72 hours ago
We’re here to help! After 72 hours, tapping 'Send Message' in your emailed ride receipt will prompt you to give us info about the lost item so we can contact your driver about it.
- Your name and a phone number where you can be reached
- Driver name or time and date of ride
- Description of the lost item
- Permission to pass along your contact info
For urgent cases, have the above info ready and connect to our lost and found team by taping 'Call Me' below.
Feel free to meet your driver to retrieve your lost item when texting or calling. If you can't meet them in person, your driver will contact Lyft to have the item shipped to you.
There’s no charge for you to get your item back, but an extra tip is a great way to thank your driver. See How to tip your driver.