For Lyft to transfer your driver earnings, you must enter your bank and tax info in the Driver Dashboard. Always keep this info updated so your deposits transfer without delay.
Heads up: For your security, Lyft agents can’t see or change this info for you. It may be easier to use a desktop computer (if possible) instead of a phone to update this info.
Submit your bank info
We can only transfer earnings to checking accounts. We can't deposit to savings or business accounts.
Before you begin, you'll need:
- Your bank's 9-digit routing number. Routing numbers are usually on the lower left corner on personal checks (call your bank if you don't any checks).
- Your personal, 13-digit account number. We don't need the check's number that shown after.
- Log in to the Driver Dashboard
- Tap ‘Payout Information’
- Tap ‘Edit bank info’ under the Bank Info header
- Enter your routing and account numbers in the appropriate boxes
- Tap ‘Submit Bank Info’
- We may send a confirmation text to drivers with 10 or more rides. This is only required if you receive the text.
- That’s it! If you haven’t already, submit your tax info.
Submit your tax info
- Log in to the Driver Dashboard
- Tap 'Payout Information'
- Tap ‘Edit Tax Info’ under the Tax Info header
- Select your tax classification from the menu. Most drivers choose ‘Individual,’ but if you’re unsure, contact a tax professional.
- Individual tax classification. Enter your full name, current personal address, and Social Security number. For security reasons, your Social Security number won’t be displayed if you leave the page and come back.
- Corporation/LLC tax classification. Enter your full business name, current business address, and EIN or ITIN. For security reasons, your EIN/ITIN won’t be displayed if you leave the page and come back.
- Type your name or business name in the box under the ‘Signature’ header. The name or business name in the name field must be the same as your signature. Heads up: The checkbox under the signature box, which should be already checked on your first visit, means that your tax forms will be provided to you digitally. If you uncheck this box, your forms will be mailed to you instead.
- Tap ‘Submit Tax Info’
- That’s it! If you haven’t already, submit your bank info.
If you get a failed transfer notice, we’ll try to deposit your earnings the following week (and each week after, if it keeps failing). We’ll send you an email letting you know about the failure and instructions on updating your info (for failed Express Pay transfers, we’ll send a text).
Transfers begin Tuesdays and usually show up in your account by the end of the week.
Common reasons for failed transfers:
- You haven't entered both your banking or tax info yet
- Incorrect banking info (such as mis-typed routing or account number)
- Business or savings account (we only transfer to personal checking accounts)
- You didn’t respond to the text, email, or notification asking you to confirm your bank info, which you’ll receive after you’ve submitted or updated bank info
- Your bank doesn't accept Automated Clearing House (or ACH, a kind of electronic transfer). Most banks accept ACH transfers, but you may need to confirm with your bank if you’re having issues receiving your deposit.
If you’re still not sure why you’re receiving failed transfer notices, contact your bank. Confirm your account status, your account number, and the bank’s routing number.