Lyft Rewards is a driver program that recognizes you for driving with Lyft and rewards you for your earnings during busy hours.
- How to earn points
- Unlocking the next tier
- Qualification periods
- Openbay discounts and credits
- Roadside assistance with Allstate
- Save on filing your taxes with TurboTax
- Terms and conditions
We will let you know when Lyft Rewards is available to you. Right now, it’s only available to some drivers.
You’ll be able to start earning points as soon as the program is available to you.
How to earn points
Lyft Rewards gives you points for every eligible dollar you earn. Points are used to both unlock tiers and earn rewards.
For a ride to include points, the passenger has to be accepted or dropped off during a busy hour.
You can find your region’s busy hours in the ‘Lyft Rewards’ tab of your Lyft Driver app menu.
You earn qualifying points as you drive.
- Qualifying points help determine your tier status in the program for both your current and upcoming qualifying periods. These points reset at the beginning of a qualifying period.
In some regions, your points can also be redeemed for rewards.
- Redeemable points can be redeemed for ride credits, service discounts, and cash. Redemption of your points has no impact on your tier or qualifying points. These points have no expiration.
Note: Rewards members may see special limited-time promotions where earnings only qualify for one category.
You can check to see if redeemable points are available in your region by going to the ‘Lyft Rewards’ tab of your Lyft driver app. If they’re available, you’ll see a ‘Redeem points’ button at the top of the page.
Which earnings are eligible for points
On a ride that’s accepted or dropped off during a busy hour, you earn points on:
- Base fares
- Time and distance earnings
- Tips, up to $15 per ride
You don’t earn points on other types of earnings, which include:
- Ride bonuses (such as Personal Power Zones and Streak bonuses)
- Cancel fees
- Earnings from rides not accepted or dropped off during busy hours
- Other bonuses, earnings, and fees
Points per dollar
Check the ‘Lyft Rewards’ tab of your Lyft Driver app for details. Drivers will earn 1 point per dollar for driving during busy hours.
Points earned on tips are separate from points earned on other ride earnings, but they’re calculated the same way.
Unlocking the next tier
Lyft Rewards has three tiers: Silver, Gold, and Platinum.
As you earn qualifying points, you also make progress toward unlocking the next tier.
The number of qualifying points you need to unlock each tier is based on your region. Your progress can be found in the ‘Lyft Rewards’ tab of your Lyft Driver app menu.
To unlock Gold and Platinum, you also need a rating of 4.90 or higher.
There are four Lyft Rewards periods each year:
- Feb. 1 - April 30
- May 1 - July 31
- Aug. 1 - Oct. 31
- Nov. 1 - Jan. 31
The points you earn during a period help you unlock the next tier.
Your progress toward the next tier resets at the end of each period. This reset does not affect your rewards points balance.
Once you unlock Silver, you keep it through the current period to the end of the next period.
Once you unlock Gold or Platinum, you keep your status through the current period to the end of the next period as long as you maintain a 4.80 or higher rating.
The kinds of rewards you can get depends on the tier you unlock.
Once you unlock Silver, you'll get:
- Ability to redeem points for credits to take Lyft Rides
- Discounted auto maintenance and repairs with Openbay
- Ability to redeem points for vehicle services with Openbay
- Discounted roadside assistance with Allstate
- Savings on TurboTax Self-Employed (available from December through April)
Note: the ability to redeem points for rewards is only available in select regions.
With Gold, you keep all Silver rewards, and you also get:
- An additional use of Destination Mode each day
- The ability to see the direction and length of a ride before you accept it (90% acceptance rate required)
- To see your current acceptance rate, tap 'See trip info before accepting a ride' from the Gold Rewards details in your app
- The option to redeem points for a cash bonus
- Note: this feature is only available in select regions
Gold rewards require a rating of 4.90 or higher to access. However, you won’t lose Gold status unless your rating goes lower than 4.80.
Platinum includes Silver and Gold rewards. You also get:
- An additional use of Destination Mode a day
- Free roadside assistance with Allstate
- Additional savings on TurboTax Self-Employed
Platinum rewards require a rating of 4.90 or higher to access. However, you won’t lose Platinum status unless your rating goes lower than 4.80.
Openbay discounts and credits
Through Lyft Rewards, you can also access discounted pricing on common vehicle services using the vehicle service marketplace, Openbay.
Lyft Rewards drivers in select regions can also redeem their rewards points for credits with Openbay.
If you’re curious about what services and pricing are available, tap ‘Save on car services’ in your Lyft Rewards dashboard.
You can also sign in to https://www.openbay.com/lyft/.
Due to service limitations, some vehicles may not qualify. For a complete list of qualifying vehicles, click here.
If you have questions about appointment scheduling, services offered, locations where Openbay is available, or pricing, you can call or email Openbay support at (617) 398-8888, or at email@example.com.
You can take advantage of Allstate roadside services when you need emergency roadside assistance for your vehicle.
Discounted rates only apply to Lyft-approved vehicles. Personal vehicles that are not approved to drive with Lyft are not eligible.
Silver and Gold
Save an average of 20% (based on national roadside assistance averages) with our pre-negotiated flat rates.
Lyft will cover base roadside assistance services from Allstate.
You can request up to 3 services within a period. There are four Lyft Rewards periods each year:
- Feb. 1 - April 30
- May 1 - July 31
- Aug. 1 - Oct. 31
- Nov. 1 - Jan. 31
Once you have requested 3 services, you can still use Allstate but will have to pay the pre-negotiated flat rates.
Save on filing your taxes with TurboTax
We’re partnering with TurboTax and offering all drivers free access to TurboTax Self-Employed. We are also offering 50% off TurboTax Live Self-Employed, which connects you with a real tax expert for unlimited tax advice and a final review of your return before you file.
All drivers qualify for the following perks:
TurboTax Self Employed ($130 value)
- Free federal filing until 4/15
TurboTax Live Self-Employed ($100 value)
- 50% off federal filing until 4/15
The following perks are available only to Platinum drivers:
TurboTax Self-Employed ($130 value)
- Free federal and state filing until 4/15
TurboTax Live Self-Employed ($145 value)
- 50% off federal filing and free state filing until 4/15
As a heads up, you must access TurboTax through your Driver Dashboard in order for the discount to apply.
If you access TurboTax through your Dashboard and then later access TurboTax directly through their website, the discount will not apply. Lyft is not responsible for fees incurred by accessing TurboTax directly.
Terms and conditions