Lyft Rewards is a driver program that recognizes you for driving with Lyft and rewards you for your earnings during busy hours.
- How to earn points
- Unlocking the next tier
- Qualification periods
- Gas savings
- Openbay discounts and credits
- Roadside assistance with Allstate
- Save on filing your taxes with TurboTax
- Terms and conditions
We will let you know when Lyft Rewards is available to you. Right now, it’s only available to some drivers.
You’ll be able to start earning points as soon as the program is available to you.
How to earn points
Lyft Rewards gives you points for every eligible dollar you earn. Points are used to both unlock tiers and earn rewards.
As you earn points, the points are reflected in two categories:
- Qualifying points help determine your tier status in the program for both your current and upcoming qualifying periods. These points reset at the beginning of a qualifying period.
- Redeemable points are used to redeem cash or ride credit rewards. Redemption of these points has no impact on your tier or qualifying points. These points have no expiration.
When you earn points, you receive the same amount of both qualifying points and redeemable points.
Note: Rewards members may see special limited-time promotions where earnings only qualify for one category.
For a ride to include points, the passenger has to be accepted or dropped off during a busy hour.
You can find your region’s busy hours in the ‘Lyft Rewards’ tab of your Lyft Driver app menu.
Which earnings are eligible for points
On a ride that’s accepted or dropped off during a busy hour, you earn points on:
- Base fares
- Time and distance earnings
- Tips, up to $15 per ride
You don’t earn points on other types of earnings, which include:
- Ride bonuses (such as Personal Power Zones and Streak bonuses)
- Cancel fees
- Earnings from rides not accepted or dropped off during busy hours
- Other bonuses, earnings, and fees
Points per dollar
Check the ‘Lyft Rewards’ tab of your Lyft Driver app for details. Drivers will earn 1 point per dollar for driving during busy hours.
Points earned on tips are separate from points earned on other ride earnings, but they’re calculated the same way.
Unlocking the next tier
Lyft Rewards has three tiers: Silver, Gold, and Platinum.
As you earn qualifying points, you also make progress toward unlocking the next tier. Redeeming your redeemable points for rewards does not affect your progress toward the next tier.
The number of qualifying points you need to unlock each tier is based on your region. Your progress can be found in the ‘Lyft Rewards’ tab of your Lyft Driver app menu.
To unlock Gold and Platinum, you also need a rating of 4.90 or higher.
There are four Lyft Rewards periods each year:
- Feb. 1 - April 30
- May 1 - July 31
- Aug. 1 - Oct. 31
- Nov. 1 - Jan. 31
The points you earn during a period help you unlock the next tier.
Your progress toward the next tier resets at the end of each period. This reset does not affect your rewards points balance.
Once you unlock Silver, you keep it through the current period to the end of the next period.
Once you unlock Gold or Platinum, you keep your status through the current period to the end of the next period as long as you maintain a 4.80 or higher rating.
The kinds of rewards you can get depends on the tier you unlock.
Redeeming points for rewards doesn’t affect your progress toward unlocking the next tier.
Once you unlock Silver, you can redeem points for credit to take Lyft rides.
You also get:
- 2% cash back on gas through the Lyft Direct debit card
- Discounted roadside assistance with Allstate
- Savings on TurboTax Self-Employed (available from December through April)
With Gold, you keep all Silver rewards, and you also get:
- 4% total cashback on gas through the Lyft Direct debit card
- The option to redeem points for a cash bonus
- The ability to see the direction and length of a ride before you accept it (90% acceptance rate required)
- To see your current acceptance rate, tap 'See trip info before accepting a ride' from the Gold Rewards details in your app
Platinum includes Silver and Gold rewards. You also get:
Platinum rewards require a rating of 4.90 or higher to access. However, you won’t lose Platinum status unless your rating goes lower than 4.80.
You can earn cash back on gas with a Lyft Direct debit card:
- No tier – 2% cash back
- Silver – 2% cash back
- Gold – 4% cash back
- Platinum – 5% cash back
Lyft Direct is a separate program and subject to terms and conditions. Cash back rewards apply at select gas stations. Learn more about earning and redeeming cash back.
Openbay discounts and credits
Cash in Lyft Rewards points for credit using the vehicle service marketplace, Openbay.
Openbay is an online marketplace for vehicle services and maintenance around the country.
- Silver, Gold and Platinum - Redeem Lyft Rewards points for credit with Openbay
- You receive $6 credit for every 500 points redeemed
- You can also receive discounted pricing on vehicle services
To get started, go to Openbay through your Lyft Rewards dashboard and tap ‘Redeem points for car service credit.’ If you’re curious about what services and pricing are available, tap ‘Save on car services’.
You can also sign in to https://www.openbay.com/lyft/.
Once you have redeemed points for credit on Openbay, you can see your available credit and check your total credit history by clicking on the ‘Rewards’ tab of the Openbay navigation menu.
You have six months to use your credits once you've redeemed your points.
Due to service limitations, some vehicles may not qualify. For a complete list of qualifying vehicles, click here.
If you have questions about appointment scheduling, services offered, locations where Openbay is available, or pricing, you can call or email Openbay support at (617) 398-8888, or at email@example.com.
You can take advantage of Allstate roadside services when you need emergency roadside assistance for your vehicle.
Discounted rates only apply to Lyft-approved vehicles. Personal vehicles that are not approved to drive with Lyft are not eligible.
Silver and Gold
Save an average of 20% (based on national roadside assistance averages) with our pre-negotiated flat rates:
- $79 for towing (includes 5 miles)
- $59 for additional roadside assistance of: fuel delivery, lockout, flat tire, or dead battery
- $89 for winching service
Lyft will cover base roadside assistance services from Allstate:
- Lyft covers $79 for towing (includes 5 miles)
- Lyft covers up to $59 for non-tow services such as tire changing, lockout, and dead battery, and and $89 for winching service
- Lyft covers up to $59 for fuel delivery (once per month limit)
You can request up to 3 services within a period. There are four Lyft Rewards periods each year:
- Feb. 1 - April 30
- May 1 - July 31
- Aug. 1 - Oct. 31
- Nov. 1 - Jan. 31
Once you have requested 3 services, you can still use Allstate but will have to pay the pre-negotiated flat rates.
Save on filing your taxes with TurboTax
We’re partnering with TurboTax and offering all drivers free access to TurboTax Self-Employed. We are also offering 50% off TurboTax Live Self-Employed, which connects you with a real tax expert for unlimited tax advice and a final review of your return before you file.
All drivers qualify for the following perks:
TurboTax Self Employed ($130 value)
- Free federal filing until 7/15
TurboTax Live Self-Employed ($100 value)
- 50% off federal filing until 7/15
The following perks are available only to Platinum drivers:
TurboTax Self-Employed ($130 value)
- Free federal and state filing until 7/15
TurboTax Live Self-Employed ($145 value)
- 50% off federal filing and free state filing until 7/15
As a heads up, you must access TurboTax through your Driver Dashboard in order for the discount to apply.
If you access TurboTax through your Dashboard and then later access TurboTax directly through their website, the discount will not apply. Lyft is not responsible for fees incurred by accessing TurboTax directly.
Terms and conditions