If you no longer need a ride, feel free to cancel it. To cancel a ride, tap 'Edit ride' in the bottom left corner of the app. This will take you to a menu where you can then tap 'Cancel ride.'
To compensate your driver for their time and gas, we'll apply a cancellation fee or penalty for specific rides.
You may be charged a fee for cancelling a ride when both of the following occur:
- The cancellation window has passed after a driver accepts your ride request
- Your driver is on time to arrive within 5 minutes of the original estimated arrival time
For Shared rides, we may charge a cancellation fee should you cancel any time after a driver accepts your ride request.
In most cities, you'll be charged $10 for cancelling a scheduled ride. To see your region's cancel fees:
- Open our Cities page and select your city
- Submit your intended pickup and drop-off location under 'Fare Estimate'
- Select 'More' next to your preferred ride mode
Lyft Pink members have cancellation fee protection. Learn more about Lyft Pink perks.
No-show fees may be charged under these circumstances:
- Your driver arrived to pick you up
- Your driver waited 5 minutes or more
- Your driver attempts to contact you, or you contact your driver
For Shared rides, we may charge you a no-show fee if you aren't at the pickup location within 1 minute of your driver’s arrival.
How to dispute a fee
If you think you were wrongly charged a cancellation fee, we’d be happy to help. Simply use the app's 'Ride History' tab.
- Open the app and tap the menu icon in the top left corner
- Tap ‘Ride history’
- Select the ride with the fee
- Scroll down, then tap 'Get help.' If you're an Android user, tap 'Request Review.'
- Tell us more about your problem, then follow any instructions. If needed, we'll ask for a brief description of what happened and review the ride.