Express Pay lets you cash out your earnings before your usual weekly deposit starts processing on Mondays at 5 AM. Earnings can appear within a few hours or days, depending on your bank’s processing time.
- Express Pay deposit timing
- Lower deposit than expected
- I cashed out to a cancelled card or account
- Failed transfers
- Which earnings are eligible?
- How to cash out and set up Express Pay
- Debit card requirements
- Banks without immediate transfer
- Express Pay for Express Drive
Successful transfers start processing immediately, but earnings only appear in your account when your bank has finished processing the deposit. Depending on your bank, earnings can show in an hour or two, but may take longer.
If your Express Pay transfer is declined, we'll include it in your weekly deposit. If this happens, you should still see your earnings in 3-5 days.
Here are the most common reasons you don't see your deposit yet:
- Your bank is still processing the transaction. Some banks take more time to process deposits, like if your bank doesn't process payments on weekends or holidays.
- Your debit card or account info isn’t current or valid. Learn to update it.
- Your account or card is cancelled. Learn how to add a new card.
- Your bank doesn't support immediate transfers. See a partial list of these banks.
Earnings eligible for Express Pay deposits may decrease on Tuesdays because Tuesday is the day we begin issuing normal weekly transfers. Once the transfer is issued, your earnings are on the way to your bank and are no longer eligible for Express Pay.
If your debit card or account info isn't current or your account isn't active, your transfer will be declined. If this happens, we'll text you with instructions on how to fix.
Before you tap 'Confirm Deposit' when using Express Pay, make sure your debit card info is updated. If it isn’t, tap 'Edit,' submit your updated card info before you tap 'Confirm Deposit.'
When your Express Pay transfer fails, we may text about the failure. The text message may require further action from you or just give you some info about the failure.
Example (lost card): "Your Express Pay deposit was declined because the card on file was reported lost. Please add and confirm a new card: lyft://payment"
Ride earnings and referrals are all eligible for Express Pay.
Some incentives aren't eligible because they require extra calculations that happen at the end of the Lyft week (Mondays). You’ll get those earnings in your weekly transfer.
Why was one of my rides excluded from Express Pay? Here are the most common reasons a ride isn't immediately available for Express Pay:
- The passenger hasn't submitted payment yet. Ride payments must be submitted before we can process them for Express Pay.
- We're legally prevented to include the ride with Express Pay
- The ride is under review (such as for a Terms of Service violation or unusually high fare)
Once a ride clears all reviews, it will be available for Express Pay or your weekly transfer.
Can I cancel an Express Pay transaction? Once you cash out through Express Pay, you can't cancel the transaction.
Is there a limit to how much I can cash out? Yes, Express Pay deposits are limited to $3,000.
The app lets you cash out up to five times a day with Express Pay. Keep in mind your bank may have its own daily, weekly, or other transfer restrictions on push-to-debit transfers.
Heads up: Express Pay is unavailable for drivers with any rides under review, which can happen when we see suspicious activity on an account. Any unpaid earnings will be included in the next scheduled weekly deposit.
Tap 'Get paid' in the 'Earnings' tab to use Express Pay. You must have at least $5.50 in earnings to cash out.
Heads up: There's a $0.50 fee for each Express Pay transfer. This fee is waived for Lyft Direct debit cards.
When you cash out, we may send you a text for security. Reply to the text so that we can start the transfer process.
To set up Express Pay or add a different card:
- Open the app menu
- Tap 'Settings'
- Tap 'Payment Info'
- Tap the debit card under ‘Express Pay’ to edit or set up your payment info
- After you enter a new debit card, we'll send you a confirmation text. Follow the instructions to verify your new card
- After you set up Express Pay, it may take a few days for your banking info to be verified
Express Pay won't work without a valid debit card. To use Express Pay:
- Your debit card must be issued in the United States
- Your debit card must be connected to a checking account
- Debit cards need to be attached to a bank account with a balance of $1.00 or more
- Pre-paid cards aren't eligible for Express Pay
If an Express Pay transfer fails, we'll ask you to update your debit card. For security purposes, a debit card can only be used on one driver's account.
If you're unable to add a card for Express Pay, your bank may not support immediate transfers or push-to-debit transfers. If your bank doesn't support immediate transfers, we'll include earnings in your weekly deposit as usual. Your earnings should take about 3-5 business days to appear in your account.
Here are a couple ways to see if your bank supports immediate transfers:
- Speak to someone at your bank and ask if they support "immediate transfers" or "push-to-debit transfers"
- Look for your bank on this list
Below is a partial list of banks that don't support immediate transfers.
Amegy Bank National Association | Astoria Federal Savings and Loan Association | The Bank of New York Mellon | BOKF, National Association | BNY Mellon, National Association | Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania | Commerce Bank, National Association | Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas | E*TRADE Bank | Fifth Third Bank | FirstBank | First National Bank of Omaha | GE Money Bank | Goldman Sachs Bank USA | HSBC Bank USA, National Association | Huntington National Bank | Northern Trust, National Association | The PrivateBank and Trust Company | RBS Citizens, National Association | Signature Bank | Silicon Valley Bank | State Street Bank and Trust Company | Susquehanna Bank | Toledo | UBS Bank USA | Umpqua Bank | Webster Bank, National Association
Express Drive renters can use Express Pay, which lets you cash out your earnings before your weekly deposit starts processing on Mondays at 5 AM. Earnings can appear within a few hours or days, depending on your bank's processing time.
You can unlock Express Pay once you have earned enough to cover your rental hold, which is displayed in the ‘Earnings’ tab in your app. Your rental hold amount may vary each week.
Any earnings over the rental hold will be eligible for you to cash out using Express Pay. Tap the 'Get paid' button in the app in order to initiate a transfer.