Express Pay allows you to cash out earnings before your weekly deposit. Earnings appear within a few hours or days, depending on your bank’s processing time.
If it’s taking longer than expected, chances are:
- Your bank is still processing the transaction.
- Your transfer is delayed due to bank weekends or holidays.
- Your debit card or account info isn’t current/valid — learn to update it here.
- You cashed out to a canceled card or account — no worries, here's what to do.
You can cash out earnings via Express Pay once you’ve earned $50, after the Lyft fee. There is a $0.50 transfer fee whenever you collect Express Pay earnings.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- When will Express Pay earnings show in my account?
- OOPS — I cashed out to a cancelled card or account!?
- After a failed transfer
- How to Cash Out & Set Up Express Pay
- Debit Card Requirements
When will Express Pay earnings show in my account?
Express Pay uses push to debit transfers. For this reason, depending on how long it takes your bank to process the Express Pay transfer, earnings can appear within a few hours or within a few days.
Push to debit transfers can be delayed on weekends or holidays, depending on your bank. In these cases, your deposit may not post for a couple business days. For example, if you cash out on Sunday night, your deposit may not post until Monday or later.
HEADS UP: Some banks do not support immediate transfers. Click here to view a list of some of these banks.
Why is the amount available for Express Pay lower than I expected?
This could be for a few reasons:
- The in-app amount is your full earnings, which means Lyft's Commission hasn't been removed yet. The total amount available for Express Pay is the total post-commission amount.
- Your total available earnings for Express Pay may decrease on Tuesdays. This is because weekly transfers (with you earnings from the previous Monday-Sunday) are issued on Tuesdays. Once it is issued, those earnings are already on their way to your bank account, so they are no longer available through Express Pay.
If the debit card or account information on file is no longer current, your Express Pay transfer may be delayed or canceled. We’ll send a text message to let you know how to resolve the transfer issue. In some cases, we may send your Express Pay as an ACH transfer as part of your Weekly Deposit instead.
Before you tap “Confirm Deposit” in the app when requesting an Express Pay transfer, make sure your debit card information is up to date. If it isn’t, tap “Edit” and then enter your updated card info before tapping the “Confirm Deposit” button.
When your Express Pay transfer fails, we may send you a text message about the failure. This may require further action from you or just give you some info about the failure.
Why am I being charged? "If a driver’s total earnings do not cover all of their rental charges, the remaining charges will be applied to their payment method on their ‘Rider Profile’"
Lost Card: "Your Express Pay deposit was declined because the card on file was reported lost. Please add and confirm a new card: lyft://payment"
Invalid Card: "Heads up! Your Express Pay deposit was declined because the card on file is invalid. Please add and confirm a new card: lyft://payment"
Unsupported Card: "Heads up! Your Express Pay deposit was declined because the card on file is invalid. Please add and confirm a new card: lyft://payment"
Bank Hold: "Heads up! Your Express Pay deposit was declined due to a hold from your bank. Please reach out to Lyft’s Support team for help: http://lft.to/1OiBiAp"
Generic Decline with ACH: "Your bank isn’t accepting Express Pay now. Instead, we’ll deposit to the account you use for weekly payouts within 3 days. Please reach out to your bank for help."
Generic Decline without ACH: "Your bank isn’t taking Express Pay deposits right now. Reach out to them for help, and add more banking info to get paid in the meantime: http://lft.to/2fxz0WC"
Connectivity Issue: "We’re having trouble connecting with your bank. Hang tight: We’ll try to deposit your Express Pay earnings again within the next 24 hours."
What earnings are eligible for Express Pay?
Ride earnings, referrals, and mentor payments are all eligible for Express Pay. Incentives, like Power Driver Bonus or Average Hourly Guarantees, are not available for Express Pay because they require additional calculations at the end of the week. You’ll receive those earnings as part of a weekly transfer to your checking account.
A ride was excluded from Express Pay. Why?
There are a few reasons rides may not be immediately available for Express Pay. The ride could still be processing, we could be legally prevented from including it, or the ride could be under review for a Terms of Service violation. Once a ride clears all review processes, it will be available for Express Pay and/or a weekly transfer.
Can I cancel an Express Pay transaction?
Once you cash out through Express Pay, you cannot cancel the transaction.
Is there a limit to how much I can cash out via Express Pay?
Yes. There is currently a $3,000 limit for Express Pay deposits.
Who handles the Express Pay transaction?
Payments made to your debit card are provided through Cross River Bank, a New Jersey Chartered, FDIC Insured bank, upon receiving instructions from Stripe and following your approval. Cross River Bank will pay per its agreement with Stripe. All funds are transferred to your debit card by Cross River Bank and not Stripe. If you have questions about this relationship, please reach out to Lyft directly, and not Cross River Bank or Stripe.
Via the App
- In the app, tap 'Settings' in the Driver Console
- Tap 'Payment info'
- Heads up: you must enter your debit card information before cashing out using Express Pay for the first time. To update your card info after set up, tap 'Edit' before confirming your deposit. Double-check the card you're sending the deposit to.
- If you choose to enter a new debit card, we'll send a confirmation text message to your phone number to verify the new card. Follow the instructions in the text message to confirm your new card.
- To transfer your earnings, tap 'Get paid.' You must have at least $50 in earnings plus the $.50 Express Pay fee before cashing out. When you transfer, we may send an extra text message to your phone number to verify. Reply to the text message as instructed and the deposit process will begin.
If you need to update your Express Pay card or get paid, please use the App instructions above. The Driver Dashboard no longer supports these functions.
In order to receive earnings via Express Pay, your debit card must be issued in the United States. Pre-paid cards are not compatible with Express Pay. Express Pay will not work without a valid debit card. If an Express Pay transfer fails, you’ll be prompted to update your debit card information.
|Amegy Bank National Association|
|Astoria Federal Savings and Loan Association|
|The Bank of New York Mellon|
|BOKF, National Association|
|BNY Mellon, National Association|
|Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania|
|Commerce Bank, National Association|
|Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas|
|Fifth Third Bank|
|First National Bank of Omaha|
|GE Money Bank|
|Goldman Sachs Bank USA|
|HSBC Bank USA, National Association|
|Huntington National Bank|
|Manufacturers and Traders Trust Company|
|Northern Trust, National Association|
|The PrivateBank and Trust Company|
|RBS Citizens, National Association|
|Silicon Valley Bank|
|State Street Bank and Trust Company|
|TCF National Bank|
|UBS Bank USA|
|Webster Bank, National Association|