Express Pay lets you cash out your earnings before your usual weekly deposit. Earnings appear within a few hours or days, depending on your bank’s processing time.
You can cash out using Express Pay after you’ve earned at least $50.50, which includes a $0.50 fee. Learn more about Lyft Driver Pay).
- When will Express Pay earnings show in my account?
- I cashed out to a canceled card or account.
- Failed transfers
- Which earnings are eligible for Express Pay?
- How to Cash Out & Set Up Express Pay
- Debit Card Requirements
- Banks without immediate transfer
When will Express Pay earnings show in my account? Successful transfers start processing immediately. Earnings appear when they've finished processing. Depending on your bank, earnings can show in an hour or two.
If your Express Pay transfer is declined, we'll include it in your weekly deposit. If this happens, you should still see your earnings in 3-5 days.
Here are the most common reasons you don't see your deposit yet:
- Your bank is still processing the transaction. Some banks take more time to process deposits, like if your bank doesn't process payments on weekends or holidays for example.
- Your debit card or account info isn’t current or valid. Learn to update it here.
- Your account or card is canceled. Learn how to add a new card.
- Your bank doesn't support immediate transfers. Tap here to see a partial list of these banks.
Why is the amount available for Express Pay lower than I expected? The in-app amount shows your full earnings, which means Lyft's Commission hasn't been removed yet. The total amount available for Express Pay is the total post-commission amount.
Also: the earnings available for Express Pay may decrease on Tuesdays because Tuesday is the day we begin issuing normal weekly transfers. Once the transfer is issued, your earnings are on their way to your bank and are no longer available for Express Pay.
I cashed out to a canceled card or account. What should I do? If your debit card or account info isn't current or your account isn't active, your transfer will be declined. If this happens, we'll text you with instructions on how to fix.
Before you tap 'Confirm Deposit' when using Express Pay, make sure your debit card info is updated. If it isn’t, tap 'Edit,' then enter your updated card info before you tap 'Confirm Deposit.'
When your Express Pay transfer fails, we may text about the failure. The text message may require further action from you or just give you some info about the failure.
Lost Card: "Your Express Pay deposit was declined because the card on file was reported lost. Please add and confirm a new card: lyft://payment"
Which earnings are eligible for Express Pay?
Ride earnings, referrals, and mentor payments are all eligible for Express Pay.
Incentives like Power Driver Bonus or Average Hourly Guarantees aren't eligible because they require extra calculations that happen at the end of the Lyft week (Mondays). You’ll get those earnings in your weekly transfer.
Why was one of my rides was excluded from Express Pay? Here are the most common reasons a ride isn't immediately available for Express Pay:
- The passenger hasn't submitted payment yet. Ride payments must be submitted before we can process them for Express Pay.
- We're legally prevented to include the ride with Express Pay
- The ride is under review (such as for a Terms of Service violation or unusually high fare)
Once a ride clears all reviews, it will be available for Express Pay or your weekly transfer.
Can I cancel an Express Pay transaction?Once you cash out through Express Pay, you can't cancel the transaction.
Is there a limit to how much I can cash out? Yes, Express Pay deposits are limited to $3,000.
How to Cash Out & Set Up Express Pay
Please note the Driver Dashboard no longer supports Express Pay deposits.
In the app
- Tap 'Settings'
- Tap 'Payment Info'
- Tap the debit card under the ‘Express Pay’ header to edit or set up payment info
- New debit cards: you must enter your debit card info before cashing out the first time. When you enter a new debit card, we'll send you a confirmation text. Follow the instructions to verify your new card. Tap 'Edit' to update your card info before confirming your deposit. Always double-check your card info before cashing out.
- Tap 'Get paid' to transfer your Express Pay earnings. Heads up: you must have $50.50 to cash out (at least $50 plus the $.50 Express Pay fee).
When you transfer, we may send you a text for security. Reply to the text if instructed so that we can begin the deposit process.
Debit Card Requirements:
To use Express Pay, your debit card must be issued in the United States. Pre-paid cards aren't eligible for Express Pay, and Express Pay won't work without a valid debit card. If an Express Pay transfer fails, we'll ask you to update your debit card.
Banks without immediate transfer
If your bank doesn't support immediate transfers, we'll include earnings in your weekly deposit as usual. Your earnings should take about 3-5 business days to appear in your account.
Below is a partial list of banks that don't support immediate transfers. If your bank isn't listed here, contact the local branch to check whether they support immediate transfers.
Amegy Bank National Association | Astoria Federal Savings and Loan Association | The Bank of New York Mellon | BOKF, National Association | BNY Mellon, National Association | Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania | Commerce Bank, National Association | Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas | E*TRADE Bank | Fifth Third Bank | FirstBank | First National Bank of Omaha | GE Money Bank | Goldman Sachs Bank USA | HSBC Bank USA, National Association | Huntington National Bank | Manufacturers and Traders Trust Company |
Northern Trust, National Association | The PrivateBank and Trust Company | RBS Citizens, National Association | Signature Bank | Silicon Valley Bank | State Street Bank and Trust Company | Susquehanna Bank | TCF National Bank | Toledo | UBS Bank USA | Umpqua Bank | Webster Bank, National Association