If you no longer need a ride, you may cancel it through the app. In certain cases, a cancellation fee will be applied in order to compensate the driver for time and gas spent.
To cancel a ride, tap the "Cancel Ride" button in the bottom left corner of the app, and then confirm you want to cancel.
Passenger cancellation fee
You're charged a fee for canceling a ride if it meets the following criteria:
- More than 5 minutes pass since you request the ride.
- The driver is on time to arrive, within 5 minutes of the ETA.
The cancellation fee is $5, except in the following cities:
- Atlanta: $6
- Baltimore: $7
- NYC, Southampton, Suffolk: $10
For Lyft Line rides, you may be charged up to a $5 cancellation fee if you cancel at any time after a driver accepts your ride request.
If you cancel a Scheduled Ride within 30 minutes of your pickup window, you will be charged a $10 cancellation fee.
Regular or Plus ride
You're charged a $5 ($10 in New York) fee for a no-show if it meets the following criteria:
- The driver arrives to pick you up.
- The driver waits at least 5 minutes.
- The driver attempts to contact you via phone or through text message.
Lyft Line ride
For Lyft Line rides, you may be charged up to a $5 no-show fee if you are not at the pickup location within 1 minute of the driver’s arrival.
How to dispute a cancellation fee
If you think you were wrongly charged a cancellation fee, we’re happy to look into it. Simply use the in-app 'Ride History' tab:
- Open the app, then tap your photo in the top left corner
- Tap ‘Ride history.’ Choose the ride you were charged a cancellation fee for.
- Scroll down, then tap ‘Get help’ (or ‘Request Review’ for Android)
- Select your specific concern, then follow the on-screen instructions
We'll review the ride in question. If prompted, give us a brief description of what happened.