The Lyft Beta app
help us hunt bugs, improve usability, and try features before public release. If we believe you are a good candidate for our program, we will reach out and invite you to complete a tutorial in order to receive an email with instructions on how to download the Lyft Beta app.The Lyft Beta app is where we test our newest features and app updates. The Lyft Beta app functions just like the normal Lyft app, only you get to
Request to join Lyft Beta
Both our Driver and Rider Beta programs are currently full, but when we need more testers, we will reach out to potential candidates with a link to our tutorials. After taking the tutorial, you will be placed on a waitlist. We add new drivers and riders from our waitlist every month.
Please note, Lyft’s beta app is our testing ground, many features in the beta app are running as an experiment. We cannot guarantee individuals will receive certain features or how long experiments are running for. Nor can we manually add you to any test.
Lyft Beta renewal for passengers
If you're interested in requesting renewal access to the program in scenarios such as:
- Adding friends and family to the program (if you are already an existing member of the Lyft Beta Program)
- Re-adding yourself to the program after removal
- Renewal for iOS Testflight users
- Moving from one platform to another (such as Android to iOS)
We are not adding new passengers to the Lyft Beta program unless we reach out otherwise.
Before you start
Lyft Beta feedback is vital to improving the Lyft app. Thank you for participating! Here are some ground rules:
- You'll be volunteering to join the program without compensation.
- You'll have access to experimental versions of the Lyft Driver or Lyft Rider mobile apps. Please refrain from sharing or discussing Lyft Beta app details.
- You can opt-out and stop participating in the program at any time. Lyft may also stop operating the program or cancel your participation at any time.
- You'll need to keep updating to the latest Lyft Beta releases to stay in the program. Those that do not update five consecutive releases will be removed from the program.
- We have limited spots in our Lyft Driver and Rider Beta program so it’s important that our test drivers or riders are active. If you haven’t given or taken a ride in the previous month, we may remove your Beta access. (This won't impact your ability to log in and drive or request a ride on the regular Lyft app. As long as your account is up to date, you’ll be able to log in on the regular app.)
Read more at Lyft Beta Term of Use.
How to install Lyft Beta
Once you receive your invite, follow the steps below to install and use Lyft Beta. The Lyft Beta app will appear on your phone with a teal Lyft icon. There's no need to uninstall the regular pink Lyft app or purple Lyft Driver app.
- Download and install the TestFlight app before clicking on the link in the email.
- Find your TestFlight invitation email and open it on your device
- Subject for Drivers: Lyft, Inc. has invited you to test "Lyft Driver ß"
- Subject for Passengers: Lyft, Inc. has invited you to test "Lyft ß"
- Tap "View in TestFlight" in the email to open TestFlight and see the available build to install
- Sign in with your Apple ID
- Download the Lyft Beta app
- Testflight is where you’ll see test details and install updates. New updates are sent multiple times a week. Please try to stay up to date, especially before the weekend.
If you're receiving too many notifications, but want to stay in the program, please refer to this guide.
We issue updates quite frequently in TestFlight. You'll get an email for each update If you'd like to opt out of these emails, follow these steps:
- Open the TestFlight app.
- Tap on the Lyft Driver or Rider Beta app icon. Don't tap 'Open.'
- Tap 'Notifications.'
- Toggle off the 'Email notifications' option.
- Find your Lyft Beta invitation email and open it on your device
- Tap on the link to download the app on Google Play
- Tap on "download it on Google Play"
- Tap on "Install"
- Set the app for automatic updates to stay up to date with the latest Lyft Beta app
Please sign into the Google Play store with the same Gmail account used for Lyft Beta signup. If you are still having issues downloading the Beta app, please reach out to our team via email at
- Drivers: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Riders: LyftRiderBeta@lyft.com.
Submitting bugs and feedback
We'd love your bug reports and feedback! Please refer to the guide below on how to submit a bug for the device you're using. Please do not use the TestFlight or Play Store "Submit Feedback" option.
When testing the Lyft Beta app, report any bugs related to the version you’re using, such as:
- An action, like a button tap, that doesn’t do anything
- Error messages when tapping certain buttons
- App crashes or freezes
- Display errors, like incorrectly formatted text or out of place buttons/icons
- Connectivity errors (please include step-by-step instructions on what caused the error to appear)
If you experience Lyft Beta issues, switch to the latest version of the live Lyft app (pink icon).
Our Technical Support team won't be able to field general questions submitted as bugs. You'll be directed to the Help Center for issues unrelated to bugs, such as
- For Drivers: canceled rides, ride cost questions, lost and found, etc.
- For Riders: lost and found items, a driver's car photo doesn't match, etc.
Submitting bugs on iOS
- Take a screenshot.
- Tap on the screenshot to draw on it or highlight the specific issue. To add additional screenshots, tap ‘+’.
- In the text box, explain the bug, what happened, and what you were doing when it happened.
- Tap ‘Send’ button at the upper right corner to send the report.
- If you don’t want to send a report, tap ‘X’ in the upper left.
Submitting bugs on Android
- Tap the floating purple ‘chat’ button.
- The app will take a screenshot and attach it to your report.
- Tap on the thumbnail of the screenshot to annotate the photo.
- In the text box, explain any steps or details that help us reproduce the bug, what happened, and what you were doing when it happened.
- Tap ‘Send’ to send the report. If you don’t want to send a report, tap the arrow in the upper left.
Requesting removal from the Lyft Beta program
Once removed from the program, you will no longer have access to Lyft Beta. If removed, you'll need to follow the request process again.
To proceed with the removal, please email us at
- Drivers: email@example.com.
- Riders: LyftRiderBeta@lyft.com.
At any time you can continue to use the regular pink Lyft app or purple Lyft Driver app.