Personal Power Zones are a way to earn more as a driver by finding high demand areas and scoring a bonus on your next ride.
Once a Personal Power Zone bonus starts accruing, you’re guaranteed that amount after your next ride as long as you complete it before leaving driver mode.
Heads up: Personal Power Zones will replace Prime Time on your map for a more consistent experience. With Personal Power Zones, you’ll see the actual amount of the bonus earned, not a percentage.
Personal Power Zones appear when there’s high demand nearby, making it easy to see exactly where you’ll earn bonuses. These zones are based on your location, so you won’t have to drive across town to find your next ride and your next bonus.
You earn a bonus on your next ride if:
- You enter a Personal Power Zone or
- Your rider is in the zone (you don’t have to be in the zone when you accept the ride)
Heads up: During times with less rider demand, you may not see a Personal Power Zone. When there’s no Personal Power Zone nearby, you’ll see a map of where demand is trending all over town.
When you see a Personal Power Zone, follow these steps to score a bonus on your next ride:
- Drive into the purple zone to guarantee a bonus on your next ride.
- Drive into the pink zone to guarantee an even bigger bonus. The longer you stay in the pink zone, the bigger your bonus gets.
- Give a ride to get your bonus. Once you've gotten a bonus guarantee, stay online and accept your next request. You'll earn the bonus when you complete that ride.
You’ll also earn a bonus if your rider is in one of the zones when you accept the ride, even if you’re not in the zone.
You won't lose your bonus if you leave a Personal Power Zone, but the bonus will stop getting bigger. The bonus will also stop getting bigger if you enter Destination Mode.
A Personal Power Zone bonus will be cancelled if:
- You let your next ride request lapse.
- You cancel your next ride. Note: If the rider cancels, your bonus will not be cancelled. You'll have the opportunity to receive the bonus on your next ride.
- You go offline (exit Driver Mode) before you complete a ride. You won't be eligible for that bonus the next time you enter Driver Mode.
- Your ride is rematched because you weren't making progress towards the rider.
Here’s how Personal Power Zones will appear on your map depending on your location:
What happens if I’m driving toward a Personal Power Zone but get a ride before I reach it?
If your rider is in the zone, you’ll be eligible for a bonus as soon as you accept the ride. If your rider is outside the zone, you won’t be eligible for the bonus.
I know it’s busy out there, but I don’t see anything on my map.
Personal Power Zones show you bonus areas that are within a short driving distance from you. If you don’t see a Personal Power Zone near you, drive toward a yellow or orange area shown on the map. These areas indicate higher ride demand, but do not indicate a bonus. Your map will continue to update as you drive.
Why do other drivers see different demand zones?
Your Personal Power Zone is based on demand near you. Drivers in other parts of town will see the demand that matches their location.