The health and safety of the Lyft community is our priority. We’re dedicated to doing what we can to slow the spread of COVID-19. We want to inform drivers and riders how to keep everyone safe while using the Lyft platform.
As recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Don’t ride if you have COVID-19, think you have it, or have related symptoms
- Wear a mask the entire ride
- Use hand sanitizer
- Turn off recirculated air, and keep windows down when possible
- Leave the front passenger seat open
You can find more info or contact us in the ‘Help’ tab in your Lyft app.
Refer to these resources for info on COVID-19:
Keeping our community safe
- Learn about Lyft’s Health Safety Commitment
- Learn how we are helping Lyft's driver community
- Learn about our health safety cancellation policy
Resources for drivers
- Learn how the CARES act can help drivers who are unemployed due to COVID-19
- See guidance for rideshare drivers from the CDC
- We’re giving out free health safety kits at some Hubs and Driver Centers. Check our Hub locations to see if free kits are available near you.
- Lyft drivers can order supplies and partitions with no Lyft mark-up at the Lyft Store
- Lyft drivers can get a 30-day free trial One Medical membership. This includes free virtual care and COVID-19 testing. Sign up here.
Lyft service updates
- See updates to local Lyft service
- See Lyft's latest updates on COVID-19
- Some Hubs and Driver Centers are temporarily closed. Check locations near you.
Donate a Ride